Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Beginning: After College

I've decided the time has come to wade back into the swampy waters of the blogosphere. Actually, it's been about a year and a half since I was forced, well, not forced, it's not like we all had sawed-off shotguns to our heads, but REQUIRED to start up a group blog on this very site. I think we were referred to as "public one" or something. Anywho, the class that required it (a class I thought I had to take but apparently I didn't) is over and I have graduated with my B.A. in English from Cal State San Bernardino. 

Well, la dee friggin da, right?? What to do now? Let me put it this way:

Graduation meant not success, but a loss. Loss of scholastic structure, loss of direction, loss of the dream that I could be whatever  it was I desired to be. Loss because I am lost. Floundering, with nothing but some lousy degree to keep me afloat. For the time being anyway. Until the academic degree's initial beam of hope that bore me upward was extinguished by rejection, trumped by lack of experience, and eventually reduced to a piece of paper that really does not mean much at all.

Did I mention that I'm an optimist? Or that despite all the sulking in the paragraph above, I am anxiously waiting the arrival of my diploma? 

And did you know that I'm a Whiskey Rock-A-Roller? That's what I am.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment