Friday, September 25, 2009

A Life Based On Hope Alone

Come here, go anywhere, end up nowhere.
Once I fell under that illusion too.
Like a sheer sheet, beneath it I go.
In its folds I am lost,
I cannot find the way, I am angry.
Nothing to feel but alone.
Sweep back the glitter of academia, alone.
Ask yourself will it take me nowhere?
Don't ask me that, I feel so angry!
It will happen, has happened to you too.
It seemed all won, but really all is lost.
Take up your No. 2 pencils and let it go.
This is not the way you thought it would go,
no possibility of failure, only success alone!
Along with my annual fees, optimism is something I lost.
Follow a path of papers, books, and time to nowhere.
And you will find scholastic achievements there too.
I am scared which is why I am angry.
A drive to survive makes being angry
Inconvenient. Drop the dead weight, let the rest go.
Grab a beer and light a smoke too.
Look beyond the grating feel that will not let you alone.
Lingering on it moves you nowhere.
Though you are terrified of what may be lost.
Running the wheel, wading through Paradise Lost,
Ambition is what made Milton angry.
But look and you will find nowhere
That you venture and go
Will hand you a life based on hope alone.
Foster ambition, confidence, and faith too.
Where I am, you have or will be too.
All looks, but is not really lost.
Really, there is a crowd, not me alone.
Try, try not to feel angry all
That you really have to do is let go.
Being afraid gets everyone nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment