Monday, October 12, 2009

Vicious, Ravenous Job-Hunter, A.K.A: 24 Y.O. Female Post-Grad

I am forced to admit that like any human being I feel run down by a steady stream of rejection. I'm a poor, post-grad whose found that the walls of academia have collapsed and deteriorated as if they were never there to begin with. I have been mutated into a mad, raving animal foaming at the mouth, hunting jobs as if they were supple young deer to be brought down quickly and ripped open. Little graphic, but you get the idea. I feel sometimes, and I try to shove the thought away quickly, that these rejections reflect my inadequacies as a person and maybe I'm just not good enough for any job. I feel as though I worked for this degree that means about as much as that dog turd (at least I think it was from a dog) that I stepped in right after one of my failed job interviews. This thing that is supposed to put me ahead of the pack professionally, hasn't. I'm hoping during this waiting period, that it will affect something in relation to this last successful interview. But who knows? I must be doing something wrong, after all I'm not waving a pay check around as of yet. Sound like self-pity? Well it is and so what? We all need a space to vent and feel a little sorry right before we pick ourselves and get over it. So this has been mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment